Outdoor Experience Program (OEP)
You are hereHome › Outdoor Experience Program (OEP)
Outdoor Experience Program
The UC Merced Outdoor Experience Program has something to offer for everyone! We offer trips for all skill levels, all year round. From day hikes in Yosemite to the heart-pounding whitewater rafting of the American River, we have outdoor adventures for you!
Summer 2014 Outdoor Center hours:
Monday 12-3 PM
Wednesday* 12-5 PM
Friday 12-5 PM
*Mandatory pre-trip meetings held in the Outdoor Center, Wednesdays at 7pm.
Granite Clinic and Speaker Series
Granite Clinics will resume in Fall 2014.
Bicycle Open Wrench
Open Wrench will resume in Fall 2014.
Do Trips Cost Money?
All Outdoor Experience Program trips have costs associated with them depending on which category a participant falls into:
- Members- Currently registered UC Merced students AND Affiliates of the UC Merced Campus Recreation program, faculty and staff members who have purchased Campus Recreation memberships
- Non-members - People who are not affiliated with the UC Merced Campus Recreation program, such as nonstudents and faculty and staff members who do not have Campus Recreation memberships
Trip fees include transportation, any permits, guide fees and equipment (unless noted in information sheet). Costs are included in trip information on the calendar.
Outdoor adventures are for everyone!
All activities in the Outdoor Experience Program are evaluated and rated so participants will have an idea of activities that are appropriate for them to attend. These ratings evaluate the level of physical demand, not prior skill:
- Easy - Fun, leisurely activity with little physical activity involved;
- Moderate - Your muscles might ache. Requires no prior physical conditioning but may be slightly strenuous;
- Strenuous - Adrenaline rush. Physical endurance is required. Good physical conditioning required. Expect to sweat and be challenged, but rewarded.
All activities are appropriate for the first-time outdoor beginners unless noted. If you have specific questions about a trip rating, please inquire at the Campus Recreation & Athletics office.
For more information on any Outdoor Adventure programs, please contact the Campus Recreation and Athletics Office at 209-CATS-REC (209-228-7732) or email email@example.com. You can also stop by our office in the Student Activities and Athletics Center.